Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives/unpacks and logs in samples as soon as they arrive as directed.
- Performs routine analysis as necessary on samples submitted to the Technical Service Lab.
- Maintains adequate daily stock of items/solutions used by the Technical Service Lab.
- Maintains calibration of laboratory instruments.
- Maintains analysis report files.
- Completes documentation as required.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the lab area on a daily basis.
- Performs sample testing and maintains sample log.
- Performs inventory, as needed.
- Prepares solutions as needed.
- Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor, which relate to the operations at COVENTYA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Associate’s degree (A.A. /A.S.) in science-related field; or less than one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- pH meter
- Pipette, burette
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Speed and accuracy
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.