Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains accurate notes and documentation of all analyses for all projects. Provides information in a usable format and uses quality methods to meet or exceed timelines.
- Works directly on various product development, competitive product analysis and process improvement projects.
- Prepares reports for presentation to RD group, management and/or customers.
- Scales up products from lab to manufacturing and interfaces with the Production and Quality Control Departments.
- Responsible for development of analytical methods for new and existing products.
- Performs evaluations of pretreatment processes for various substrates.
- Responsible for development of pretreatment chemistries and processes.
- Works with Product/Account Managers on customer support, development of pretreatment cycles and/or specially formulated products to meet a customer’s specific requirement.
- Provides technical assistance to customers and distributors. Assists in troubleshooting processes.
- Travels to customer to assist with product installation and troubleshooting as needed.
- Maintains adequate inventory of analytical reagents and supplies to be used in the testing processes and laboratory.
- Responsible for the calibration and maintenance of laboratory instruments.
- Maintains lab organization, files and cleanliness.
- Maintains a high level of accurate analytical procedures to provide meaningful results and conclusions for experiments.
- Travel may be required and may include multiple day/night durations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; accounting software; inventory software; internet software; project management software and database software.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Metal Science or related field, from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CEF Preferred But Not Required
Certificates and Licenses:
Knowledge, Skills And Other Abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as lead a team
- Ability to perform all instrumental analysis and metallurgy analysis in laboratory
- Cooperative team member
- Goal oriented
Physical Demands / Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; work with explosives; risk of radiation and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.