Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains accurate notes and documentation of all analyses/experiments, provides information in a usable format and uses quality methods to meet or exceed timelines.
- Works directly on various product development, competitive product analysis and process improvements projects.
- Prepares reports for presentation to RD group and Management.
- Scales up products from lab to manufacturing and interfaces with the Production and Quality Control Departments.
- Performs evaluations of pre-treatment processes for various substrates and develops pre-treatment chemistries and processes.
- Provides samples of various deposits and processes for customers/potential customers.
- Provides technical assistance to customers and distributors and assists with troubleshooting processes.
- Responsible for performance analysis of technical service samples for customers experiencing problems and creates reports corrective actions being recommended to customers.
- Maintains adequate inventory of analytical reagents and supplies to be used in the testing processes and laboratory.
- Responsible for the calibration and maintenance of laboratory instruments.
- Maintains lab organization, files and cleanliness.
- Takes initiative for suggesting improvements to experiments, test methods and procedures.
- Maintains high level of accurate analytical procedures to provide meaningful results and conclusions for experiments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; inventory software; internet software; project management software and database software.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Metal Science or related field, from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills And Other Abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as lead a team
- Ability to perform all instrumental analysis and metallurgy analysis in laboratory
- Cooperative team member
- Goal oriented
- Develops interpersonal relationships with team members and is respected for integrity