Summary: Participates in both research-focused projects to foster new product innovation and technical support projects to provide product improvement by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains accurate notes and documentation of all analyses/experiments, provides information in a usable format and uses quality methods to meet or exceed timelines.
- Works directly on various product development, competitive product analysis and process improvements projects.
- Prepares reports for presentation to RD group and Management.
- Scales up products from lab to manufacturing and interfaces with the Production and Quality Control Departments.
- Performs evaluations of pre-treatment processes for various substrates and develops pre-treatment chemistries and processes.
- Provides samples of various deposits and processes for customers/potential customers.
- Provides technical assistance to customers and distributors and assists with troubleshooting processes.
- Responsible for performance analysis of technical service samples for customers experiencing problems and creates reports corrective actions being recommended to customers.
- Maintains adequate inventory of analytical reagents and supplies to be used in the testing processes and laboratory.
- Responsible for the calibration and maintenance of laboratory instruments.
- Maintains lab organization, files and cleanliness.
- Takes initiative for suggesting improvements to experiments, test methods and procedures.
- Maintains high level of accurate analytical procedures to provide meaningful results and conclusions for experiments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; inventory software; internet software; project management software and database software.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Metal Science or related field, from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Ability to work independently as well as lead a team
- Ability to perform all instrumental analysis and metallurgy analysis in laboratory
- Cooperative team member
- Goal oriented
- Develops interpersonal relationships with team members and is respected for integrity