Responsible for purchase order process, ensuring all goods ordered arrive correctly and on time and entering vendor invoices for purchase orders received by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Follow purchase order processes from creation to delivery.
2. Review and processes receipts of material.
3. Record data in regards to supplier deliveries and performance.
4. Review incoming freight and work with Logistics company to ensure on time deliveries.
5. Work closely with suppliers while processing purchase orders to determine accurate inbound freight costs.
6. Match invoices to received purchase orders and review for accuracy.
7. Processes freight bills by receiving and entering all freight bills into the database and freight log, ensuring freight amount is correct and troubleshooting incorrect invoices.
8. Complete month end reporting tasks related to the Purchasing department.
9. Prepare and attend monthly review meetings of all processes.
10. Function as a backup Accounts Payable Clerk.
11. Perform exceptional customer service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel and ability to learn Chempax.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1 year minimum work experience in purchasing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.