Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in developing department goals and objectives for department. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to support continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services performed.
- Assists in monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting including KPI’s, evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Implements and updates compensation program, including company and department pay grades. Rewrites job descriptions as necessary. Oversees employee bonus programs.
- Coordinates and supports the need for and set up of employee training, internally and externally. Oversees the tracking of such training as well.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students and temporary employees; oversees and maintains on boarding process and platform; monitors career-pathing program and succession planning. Writes and places job-posting advertisements. Performs exit interviewing and oversees off boarding process.
- Manages all internal communications, group news, and blogs. Maintains and updates company organization chart. Coordinates and organizes employee events and internal company meetings.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars, including being an active member of the senior management group and overseeing and planning for the manager leadership group.
- Coordinates and tracks employee mid-year and annual performance reviews. Monitors the performance review program and revises as necessary.
- Prepares and tracks HR department budgets on an annual basis. Assists with creation of and tracking of all department education budgets on an annual basis.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization’s compliance. Maintains compliance with local, state, and federal regulations concerning employment. Files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform too EEO regulations.
- Performs benefit administration, including all communication, annually with current employees and new hires. Works directly with insurance broker and upper management on strategies for cost savings annually. Oversees the enrollment process during annual open enrollment.
- Oversees the development and implementation of personnel policies/procedures and prepares and maintains employee handbook.
- Responsible for the bi-weekly payroll for employees.
- Attends training and keeps updated on human resource news and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification and/or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or higher preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, payroll systems and human resource information systems; knowledge in Adobe InDesign or similar design program.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Planning & Organizing Skills: Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, using time efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of HR work.
- Communication skills: Above average communication skills, ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization, including both employees and managers. Ability to display professionalism.
- Competencies include Leadership, Decision Making, Financial Management, Ethical Conduct and Strategic Thinking.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, with occasional out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Annual Salary + Bonus Potential