Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Answering employee questions
- Processing incoming mail
- Creating and distributing documents as requested
- Providing customer service to organization employees
- Serving as a point of contact with benefit vendors/administrators
- Maintaining computer system by updating and entering data
- Setting appointments and arranging meetings
- Maintaining calendars of HR management team
- Compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets
Recruitment/New Hire Process
- Participating in recruitment efforts; Posting job ads
- Collecting employment and tax information
- Ensuring background checks are completed
- Preparing new employee files electronically
- Overseeing the completion of compensation and benefit documentation
- Ensure orienting new employees to the organization
- Conducting benefit enrollment process
- Administering new employment assessments if needed
- Serving as a point person for all new employee questions
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Processing payroll, which includes ensuring vacation and sick time are tracked in the system
- Answering payroll questions
- Facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors
- Participating in benefits tasks, such as yearly testing
- Maintaining current HR files and databases/folders
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Ensuring managers are maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained according to ISO standards
- Performing payroll/benefit-related reconciliations
- Performing payroll and benefits audits and recommending any correction action
- Completing termination paperwork
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of management and HR Manager.
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, payroll systems and human resource information systems; knowledge in Adobe InDesign or similar design program.
High school diploma or equivalent required and two years of administrative assistant experience preferred.
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification and/or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or higher preferred. Attends trainings and keeps updated on human resource news and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, extensive knowledge of office management systems and procedures, ability to operate general office equipment, excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to type 60 words a minute, proficient in Lotus Notes or similar software, ability to maintain confidential information.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee has prolonged periods of sitting at a desk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In accordance with the European GDPR regulation, to the confidentiality charter and to the protection of personal data, COVENTYA undertakes to collect, in connection with recruitment, only adequate, relevant and strictly necessary data to assess that the candidate has the ability to perform in the proposed job. The Human Resources department will keep your data for the duration of the recruitment and without any particular mention on your part, until 2 years after its reception. For any request concerning your personal data, please contact the Human Resources department of Coventya or DPO@coventya.com