Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures all incoming calls from clients and/or customers are executed in a professional, polite and courteous manner.
- Responsible for processing entire customer order once placed: includes inputting orders into Chempax, sending order confirmations, and invoicing customer the order after shipment.
- Maintains diplomacy and tact when dealing with upset or escalated calls.
- Follows up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assumes accountability for all decisions, actions and directives with respect to job responsibilities.
- Provides feedback to Plant Manager concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Maintains accurate documentation and recording in required systems.
- Ensures excellent customer service by implementing feedback from Plant Manager regarding areas of improvement and development.
- Answers phones and responds to customer requests.
- Provides customers with product and service information.
- Identifies, researches and resolves customer issues using the computer system, paperwork and salespersons.
- Follows up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved.
- Recognizes, documents and alerts the Plant Manager of trends in customer calls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel and ChemPax.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.