The Accountant position is role based out of our Brooklyn Heights, Ohio office, for support of our Mexico operation. Therefore, the ability to communicate, speak, and write in Spanish is a requirement.
Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English and Spanish. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English and Spanish. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization in English and Spanish.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with Month-end, quarterly, and annual financial reporting, including effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Ensures all reporting deadlines are met.
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensures financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Establishes and monitors the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Collects and analyzes corporate financial data and presents data to management in a condensed format.
- Provides continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities.
- Develops and maintains financial databases.
- Prepares financial audits and coordinates the audit process with support staff.
- Analyzes financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures.
- Performs daily and monthly aspects of cash management including handling financial transactions. Generates cash forecasts and implements program to assure cash obligations are met. Analyzes and reports on deviations from budget
- Oversee Coventya Mexico’s accounting software to assure reconciliation with monthly reporting package.
- Analyze Coventya Mexico’s monthly cash forecast and report on deviations from budget.
Directly supervises employee (non-supervisory) in the Accounting and Administration Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; accounting software.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to five pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.