Alkaline Zinc-Iron Process for Barrel and Rack Plating Applications
PERFORMA 260 is a new stable, alkaline Zinc/Iron bath with high current efficiency. The layers of the alloys contain 0.4-0.8 % of Iron, can be post-treated easily and with all conventional passivates. PERFORMA 260 shows an outstanding metal distribution and high covering power.
The electrolyte is suited for rack and barrel and produces a very bright, stainless and ductile Zinc-Iron layer. Another advantage of PERFORMA 260 is its low cost, easy to use process, and easy waste water treatment.
Features & Benefits
- Highly protective, bright, burn-free deposits, even at very high current densities
- Extremely low stressed and blister free deposits
- Operates with low levels of the complexing agents needed to regulate iron co-deposition
- Excellent covering power and uniformity of plate distribution
- Iron content is not affected by variations in bath temperature
- High cathode efficiency often allows for increased load size in plating barrels and more heavily populated plating racks. As a result, production is increased.
- Suitable for rack and barrel applications
Fields of application
- Automotive industry
- Electrical equipment